Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyonethis holiday season. Now players can navigate the side-scrolling worlds alone as before orinvite up to three others to join them at the same time on the same level at any point in thegame for competitive and cooperative multiplayer fun.
With the multiplayer mode, the newest installment of the most popular video game franchise is designed to bring yet another type of family entertainment into living rooms and engage groups of friends in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun.
• New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
• Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their
tongues to swallow enemies – or their fellow players.
• In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – and then tilt it incorrectly just to mess with other players.
• New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
• At the end of each stage during the simultaneous multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on their score, the coins collected and the number of enemies defeated.
» A Decent Year for Gaming
The year of 2010 turns out decently for gaming, with only a small decline with recession and such taken into account, and beating the music industry by a mile.
14 Jan 2011 10:57 am
» Twenty-Five Years of Mario
Twenty-five years ago, one of the world's most influential video games was released.
15 Sep 2010 4:08 pm
» The Voice of Mario
Charles Martinet visits South Africa to talk about Mario.
12 Aug 2010 9:08 am
» Red Dead Redemption Takes Top Two Sales
Red Dead Redemption has managed to sell 1.5 million units in the U.S. For may, taking the top two positions in most games sold for the month.
2 Jul 2010 10:24 am
» Modern Warfare 2 Finally Out of Top Ten
NPD Group's March analysis of the U.S. market shows Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 finally dropping out the top ten and replaced with a few new games. God of War III comes at number one.
16 Apr 2010 9:56 am
» Wii Dominates Top Five Video Games
A new report shows Nintendo's games for Wii dominate the top five video game titles last year, plus a worldwide portable and console software sales decline.
4 Feb 2010 12:33 pm
» Bumper US December Game Sales
The NPD Group has released its sales statistics for December in the US and it looks positive.
15 Jan 2010 4:32 pm
» Mario Bros. To Outsell MW2?
According to the Nintendo of America President, New Super Mario Bros. will probably outsell one of the console versions of Modern Warfare 2.
11 Nov 2009 11:51 am