Creating a Clan
Posted by Robert Hart on 06 May 2011 02:35 PM
Because certain games are team based, users who wish to compete will need to create a clan on the Do Gaming League site before being allowed to register for the event.
Before creating a team, users need to have registered and logged into their account.
Step 1 – Entering your clan name, tag and prefix
1) Hover your mouse over the "Account" menu item in the top right hand side of the navigation bar.
2) Select “Register Clan”.
3) After reading the Clan Registration Terms and Conditions, enter your unique clan name, clan prefix and a unique URL tag. Tick the box below to confirm that you are the clan leader and you have read and accept the terms and conditions of registering your clan on the Do Gaming League.
4) Click “Register Clan”.
Step 2 – Editing your clan
This page allows you to setup your clan in finer detail. Below are some of the important options.
1) Clan Prefix and Suffix:
3) Allow Multiple Clans:
4) We are Recruiting:
5) Select “Update” once done.
Step 3 – Setting forum access levels
Each clan has been given the opportunity to creating a clan forum. The forum can be setup in a number of different ways.
1) Types of permissions:
None: Public cannot see your forums, only clan members. Fully private clan forums.
2) Select “Update Clan” to apply the changes.
Step 4 – Creating a team within your clan
To take part in an event, clans need to first create a team designated to the game which they would like to play.
1) To create a team, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “To Create New Team Click Here”.
2) A new page will open. Give your team a name, such as Team Alpha. Place a space before your team name if necessary.
3) Select the game which you intend to play.
4) Tick the box to confirm you accept responsibility for the teams actions and that you will discipline your members accordingly.
5) Select “Register Team”.
Step 5 - Adding players to your team
A new page will open, allowing you to add players to the new team you have just created.
1) Start off by adding yourself to the team.
2) Once your players have joined your clan, you will be able to select them in the drop down box and add them to the team.
Please note that in our leagues, most games require a minimum of five players and two reserves before being allowed to register for an event.
3) Make sure to set at least one member as the manager.
4) Once you have finished adding players to your newly created team, select “Update team”.
Note: To remove a player from a team, tick the box underneath “retired” and then select “Update Team”.
Note: To delete a team, tick the box “Retire Team” and then select “Update Team”.
Document last reviewed on 2013-12-12 by Joshua Forbes