2K Games will soon be bringing the ‘Second Wave’ downloadable content (DLC) to gamers absolutely free of charge for XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
The DLC is set to launch today and will bring a host of customisation options to the game that modders have been drooling hard over. The idea, according to Jake Solomon (lead designer of the game) is to allow gamers to play the game closer to the original vision with many of the options being left out in the beginning due to game balance.
The full list of options in the new DLC can be found below:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Once gamers have completed the game on the Impossible difficulty setting there are a number of other options that become available which also completely change things up.
Please Register or Login to submit a new comment.